Brethren Christian School has a responsibility to assist students in successfully navigating to high school graduation, and to equip them to be prepared for the college application process through our counseling services. The College Corner page is where you can find all information related to college, SAT/ACT testing, test prep, national and international Summer School opportunities, Financial Aid, scholarship opportunities, etc. Also, pay attention to the Daily Bulletin for college scholarship updates, SAT/ACT test info. and college related information.
Dual Enrollment in College Courses
Brethren Christian is proud to offer fantastic Dual Enrollment opportunities for current juniors and seniors to get college credit through Grand Canyon University or Biola University or Duke University.
• Attention students applying to OCC! Please read and follow steps:
The FPR team put together a collection of short video Orientation Tutorials on YouTube to help new students through the FPR process! Please feel free to share these tutorials in any capacity (website/newsletter/email) with your students!
Students will need to complete the following steps by May 4th in order to qualify for FPR:
1. Apply to OCC
2. Apply for Financial Aid and Pirates Promise Program (highly encouraged)
3. Complete Online Orientation
4. Complete Student Education Plan (SEP) with OCC Counselor
• Summer Institute at Grand Canyon University
This is a great opportunity to get a jump start on your college learning experience and career. Students spend five days on GCU's exciting campus, including a four-night stay in one of our suite-style dorms! For more information, please view this Summer Institute web page.
• Hybrid SAT/ACT Practice Exam
Ready to get serious about college admissions?
Join Catalyst for the upcoming Hybrid SAT/ACT Practice Exam!
The first step on the path to applying to college is maximizing your test score. With Catalyst's Hybrid SAT/ACT Practice Exam, get experienced in a simulated testing environment and stay ahead. Here's how it works:
- Take a Hybrid SAT/ACT Practice Exam under realistic testing conditions.
- Get your detailed score report back, with the questions that you missed and recommendations on which exam is right for you!
- Gain access to our dedicated testing experts that can help you with setting up a blueprint for success with the SAT and/or ACT exam.
Brethren Christian School
Saturday, March 23rd from 9am - 1pm
FREE to enroll by Wednesday, March 20th
We unfortunately cannot accommodate walk-in students.
For more information on this special prep opportunity or to enroll, call 800.235.0056 or email info@CatalystPrep.com.
• How to Get Your PSAT Scores
All 9th-11th graders: Your PSAT/NMSQT scores are ready online, you'll get an email with instructions on creating your College Board account, going to your online score report, and using your access code to view your scores.
• Duke University summer sessions
BC high school students (grades 9, 10, 11 and 12), are you interested in studying at Duke University? We want to share with you that the Duke Summer Session applications are now open. Through participating in one of the three summer programs at Duke University, you can gain advanced college credit toward a degree at Duke, or possibly other accredited universities, experience personal growth and advanced credit standing over the course of the summer. You can Apply online today to secure your spot in one (or more) of our incredible programs.
College Representative Visits to BC
Reminder! A number of college reps will be on our campus this month! Make sure to visit the one you are interested in!
Monday, 29th — 10:45AM Grand Canyon University
Tuesday, 30th — 1:40PM Biola University
Monday, 5th — 10:45AM Westmont
Sign-ups are in the Activities Office on the counter. You must sign-up by 3:00 the day prior to the visit.
Remember, students are not able to miss class more than four times for college visits.
- Wednesday, October 3rd, 5-8PM & Thursday, October 11th, 5-8PM
Join Janice Royal, M.A., Independent College Admissions Counselor as she walks you through each field of the UC and Cal State University applications. Mrs. Royal will guide you to presenting the Best You on your application!
Fee: $40 per student, per night (check made payable to Royal College Consulting preferred)
College Counseling - College Reps visiting BC!
- Thursday, October 4th, Period 1 - Chapman
- Monday, October 8th, Period 4 - Embry Riddle
- Friday, October 12th, Academic Support - Concordia
- Friday, OCtober 12th, Lunch Time - Colordao State
- Wednesday, October 17th, Academic Support - Cal Baptist
- Monday, October 29th, Period 4 - Grand Canyon University
It's that time of year when college reps visit our campus! Several appointments have already been scheduled, and others will be added. FYI, only reps from colleges our seniors have identified as potential choices are invited. Students are not able to miss class more than 4 times for college visits.
Sign-ups are in the office on the front counter. You MUST sign-up by 3:00PM the day prior to the visit.