John 19 says, But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son." Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household.
When Jesus was on the cross, right before He died for all of humanity, He made sure His mother was taken care of. As the firstborn Son, it was Jesus’ responsibility to take care of His mom. When He could no longer do it physically, He asked his homeboy for a favor. It was as if Jesus looked at Mary, found the strength to smile, and told her, “Mom, I have to go now. Please don’t worry. I love you, and I’ll make sure you are cared for. I'll see you soon.” And then to John, “Hey John, I have a favor to ask of you and you cannot fail. Please, please take care of my mom.”
There is a special place in the heart of Jesus for moms.
I would like to take this moment to wish all of our Warrior families’ mothers a Happy Mother’s Day! You are special beyond words.
May 8, 2020
April 30, 2020
- Virtual College Fair Information for all grades to attend
- AP Test Information
- Finals Schedule
- Information for Juniors and Seniors regarding next year and Naviance information
April 23, 2020
April 9, 2020
Dear Warrior Family,
This past Friday, April 3rd, the CIF state office announced that all spring sports championships have been cancelled for the 2020 season. I am sure this was a difficult and unprecedented decision to make. Although this decision brings great sadness, we fully support putting the health of our student athletes, coaches, parents, and community first. In compliance with CIF, the 2020 Western Athletic Conference spring season have been officially cancelled. My heart goes out to all of our student athletes, coaches and especially all of our seniors who will not be able to start or finish their seasons. As disappointed as I am to not have the opportunity to watch our Warriors participate in the sports they love, I trust God’s word which says “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28. Stay tuned Warriors as we look ahead and prepare for the Fall 2020 season. -Mrs. Whitmire
April 8, 2020
Dear Warrior Family,
It remains our goal to conduct a live graduation on Friday, May 29, at 10:30AM. State mandates and crowd limitations will continue to be monitored in the coming few weeks which may cause us to modify this plan, but we remain hopeful. Our seniors have indicated that if May 29 doesn't work due to mandates/closures, they would like to have a live graduation in the first week or so of June. We solidly agree with this and will have contingency plans for the first or second week of June if needed.
- Senior Retreat
At this time, we are still planning on having our Senior Retreat on May 21-22. As with other event plans, please stay tuned for updates. Our seniors have also expressed a desire to have a retreat even if it is later in the calendar. We completely agree.
- Senior Awards and Senior Chapel
We are in discussions on how to do both Senior Awards and Senior Chapel. As soon as we work out the details, we will let you know how these will be conducted.
April 1, 2020
March 23, 2020
- This week, we will have school as per normal schedule each day, Monday through Friday. We had originally planned to be off campus on Wednesday for BC Blitz and then again on Friday due to arts events, but that has all changed this week.
- As we progress through uncharted territory, the latest regarding high school closures in Huntington Beach is through April 20. Unfortunately, at this time, we will follow suit and keep our campus closed until April 20. The good thing for us is that we are only extending our online learning by 6 days as we have our Easter break beginning on April 10 through April 19. As news changes, we will keep all of you informed.
- We will have CHAPEL LIVE tomorrow beginning at 11:00AM. It will be a short time of worship and a brief encouraging message. Please join us on our homepage, and scroll down to the "Moving Into The Future At BC" section.
- Thank you for the terrific job you have been doing in partnering with Brethren as we proceed in these unforeseen circumstances. As Paul wrote to the believers in Colossae, "For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you." We miss all of you, our Warrior Family.
March 23, 2020
March 18, 2020
- Tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, is Late Start. Students are to log onto Canvas for Period 1 at 8:20am. Classes will continue at their regularly scheduled times.
- For this Monday, March 23, school begins at 8:00am; however, due to the fact that from Tuesday through Fridays, we are almost exclusively live-streaming our teaching, in an effort to limit "screen-time," there will be no planned live conferences on this day. Students will log onto Canvas to get their assignments and work on them throughout the day. Teachers will be available all day via Canvas messaging and, if requested by the student, live-stream video conferences as well.
- Unfortunately, the field trips to the Nixon Library and the Holocaust museum have been canceled for this year. We will refund all of the field trip money that was paid to us back into your Smart Tuition accounts. For our international students, we will refund in person.
- Also, unfortunately, the ACSI Musicale was also canceled by ACSI. As soon as the hotel and ACSI refund us the money that we paid already, we will be able to refund into Smart Tuition for all of you that paid for that event as well. For our international students, we will refund in person.
March 7, 2020
October 27, 2019
October 11, 2019
October 4, 2019
September 13, 2019
August 15, 2019