Brethren Christian International Academy
Brethren Christian School seeks to provide a supportive Christian learning environment to all international students. Adjusting to a new school environment can be challenging as well as exciting. To many international students, these challenges often involve the need for English language and academic support. In order to help our students make a successful transition from their home country into the Brethren community, we have established the BC International Program (BCIA), which provides enhanced English language development and academic support.
The BC International Program is based on the belief that individualized English language development and academic support/tutoring will help international students. In this program, students receive academic tutoring and language training while taking regular classes. In addition, the BC International Program also assists current students who would benefit from more individualized support and learning.
Students in the BC International Program are guided and encouraged by a team of dedicated program advisers and teachers to facilitate the student’s best effort while addressing each student’s unique educational needs and goals.
Key Features/benefits of the BC International Academy Program
- Enhanced academic and support programs for each student
- Modified English classes for English learners for full credit
- Minimum 4 regular high school classes
- Dedicated academic advisor for each student for individualized counseling/guidance
- Dedicated tutor for individualized academic tutoring for all classes
These unique features will help students adjust and become better prepared for success at BC.
How are students admitted to the BC International Academy program?
Any new international student who does not currently meet the English language proficiency standard at Brethren Christian School is eligible. Also, any students who would benefit from individualized curriculum and academic tutoring/support is eligible.
- The first step is to apply for admission to Brethren Christian through the regular admission process. Submit all required documents including school transcript(s), medical records, TOEFL or other standardized test score, etc.
- Once a school application is submitted, Brethren will determine the applicant’s eligibility for the BC International Academy program.