BRETHREN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
DAILY BULLETIN Thursday, 24 January 2019 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCHEDULE for the Day: 1-2-3
ESLR for the WEEK: Brethren Christian Junior & Senior High School will develop Thinkers who: Formulate positive personal values based upon biblical principles.
SCRIPTURE for the Day: “For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” –2 Corinthians 5:14-15
- Character development always involves a choice. Peace is developed by choosing to trust God in circumstances in which we are tempted to worry or be afraid.
- Pep Rally today at Academic Support!!! Afterwards, go to your designated rooms for voting!
- Spirit Week: Don't forget tomorrow is “Warrior Wear”! Come dressed in your best warrior green and white!
- All those interested in running Track this spring: There is a meeting on Wednesday, 1/30 in room 203 with Coach Dyson!
- All those playing Golf this spring need to attend a meeting on Wed, 1/30 in room 303!
- High School boys interested in playing Volleyball this season come see Mrs. Martes…2 spots available.
- Hey Seniors! If you are interested in attending Universal Studios Grad Bash 2019, check out your email for more information and don’t forget to rsvp to Mrs. Skarin before Friday, Feb 1st!
- Seniors, mid-year transcript reports are due to colleges. All common application mid-year reports will automatically be submitted by Miss Flippin. If you received notice from any of your colleges you applied to, that they need your midyear transcript which includes your 1st semester of your senior year, be sure to come into the office and fill out the request form. You can also email Miss Flippin and copy Dorothy as well. Don’t delay.
- How to Get Your PSAT Scores
- All 9th-11th graders: Your PSAT/NMSQT scores are ready online, you'll get an email with instructions on creating your College Board account, going to your online score report, and using your access code to view your scores.
- Any junior high students interested in being an extra in Godspell or auditioning to be the cast of an all JUNIOR HIGH production in April, please sign up in the front office. More information to come.
- Thursday 1/24/2019
- Varsity Boys Basketball – Dismissed at 12:15 for their 2:00pm game vs St. Michael’s at Ladera Sports Complex
- Varsity Boys Soccer – Dismissed at 12:15 for their 2:00pm game vs St. Michael’s at Lake Forest Sports Park Field 1
- Varsity Girls Soccer – Dismissed at 1:15 for their 3:00pm game vs Samueli at Centennial Park Field 4
- JH Girls Volleyball – No early Dismissal – Leaving campus at 2:00pm for their 3:00pm game vs OCC at the AIM Sportsplex
- Saturday 1/26/2019
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs Fairmont Prep TIME TBA
- KING WARRIOR!!!!! @ Liberty Christian School
- Varsity Girls Basketball Game 5:30pm
- Varsity Boys Basketball Game 7:00pm
- Jan 22ND-25TH: HEFFERNAN
- Ready to get serious about college admissions? Join Catalyst for the upcoming Hybrid SAT/ACT Practice Exam! See bchs.net for more information!
- Southwestern Community College in Coos Bay, Oregon offers on-campus housing, a tuition waiver for students with a 3.75 or higher GPA (do not charge out-of-state tuition), more than 50 different areas of study, numerous clubs and 18 varsity sports. One of their special programs is their Oregon Coast Culinary Institute. Interested? Pick up an interest card for the college from Miss Flippin.
- USC Summer Programs offers 4 & 2-week courses. There are over 20 courses from which to choose. Architecture, business, creative writing, engineering, global studies, journalism, performing arts, pre-health/science, pre-law to name a few. Visit summer.usc.edu
Complete application, pay app fee, submit letter of rec and submit an official high school transcript 2-week program: June 16-June 30, 2019/4-week Program: June 16-July 13, 2019