BRETHREN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
DAILY BULLETIN Thursday, 18 April 2019 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCHEDULE for the Day: 1-2-3
ESLR for the WEEK: Brethren Christian Junior & Senior High School will develop Communicators who: Demonstrate a desire to share with others their personal relationship with God.
SCRIPTURE for the Day: “As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. 6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.” –Mark 16:5-6
- Hope you all have a wonder Easter and Spring break! See you all back here on Monday, Apr 29th!!
- Light applications are available in the front office! If you would like to be a part of our chapel planning team, turn in a completed application to the front office by Wednesday, May 1st.
- Attention Cast of Godspell!! Macy Awards are Monday, April 29th at 4 pm at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. We have free tickets available. If you’d like to go, please come see Mrs. Johnson ASAP. First come, first served.
- Plan ahead: All students will need to return their chrome books and chargers on May 21st! Get all repairs done ASAP! Take good care of these devices.
- “Music of the Night” tickets & contracts are now on sale in the front office! Tickets are $85. Buy your tickets as soon as possible! Tickets will be sold at LUNCH!
- Pace University's Summer Scholars Institute is designed for highly motivated and talented high school juniors and seniors eager to experience what college can be like academically, intellectually, and socially. If this sounds like YOU, then check us out!! Held at our New York City Campus, this two-week program, combines study in one of five disciplines with active exploration of NYC’s cultural life—and events designed to complement the curriculum. Students can choose from the following academic tracks:
- Business --Criminal Justice--Digital Film Production—Psychology--Theater Arts
apply today! Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2019.
- Attention all students interested in STEM education. iD Tech is the #1 provider of summer STEM programs. If you are interested in code apps, developing video games, discovering AI and machine learning, assembling take-home laptops, exploring cybersecurity, crating videos, modeling and printing 3D objects, etc., then this is the opportunity for you.
Flyers in the Library and the front office. www.iDTech.com
- Thursday 4/18
- JH Boys Volleyball – No early dismissal
- Pre-College opportunities at ADELPHI Univ just minutes from New York City. Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors can spend 2 weeks living and learning on their beautiful campus and explore a challenging and exciting subject like, Art and Tech, Digital Media Production, Musical Theater, Nursing, Studio Art, Teaching and Education, Video Game Programming, to name a few. Interested? Apply at www.precollege.adelphi.edu or call 1.800.ADELPHI
- Stanford University has Pre-Collegiate Studies for students in grades 8-12. Check it out at www.spcs.standford.edu/find-yourself.
- UCSD is offering emERge The Conference for students interested in becoming a doctor or part of a Healthcare career. The conference is on June 21, 2019. The team of world-class physicians and nurses will come together to teach, mentor and inspire through a hands-on approach to the medical experience.
If interested, see Miss Flippin for the flyer for registration, etc.