1. Passengers shall at all times recognize and respect the authority of the bus driver. This includes prior to boarding the bus as well as after disembarking.
2. The bus leaves on time and will not wait for anyone. Do not block the path of the bus. Never attempt to flag the bus down. Never attempt to stop the bus. This is California State Law. You do not want to pay this fine ... it is HUGE.
3. After returning from school on the bus, students are to be picked up from the bus stop at the scheduled arrival time. BCHS provides no bus stop supervision and assumes no liability for the students once they have stepped off the bus. Students are not to "hang-out" or loiter in the vicinity of the bus stops.
4. Passengers are to remain in their seats while the bus is in motion, unless permission to move is given by the driver.
5. All objects and parts of the body are to remain inside the bus at all times.
6. No bulky or unsafe items will be allowed on the bus (band instruments excepted).
7. Throwing litter on or from the bus is prohibited.
8. Students will keep their feet off the seats at all times.
9. There is absolutely no gum allowed on the bus.
10. In order to keep our buses safe and clean, eating or drinking is not allowed on the bus.
11. Since it is distracting to the driver and therefore unsafe, do not shout, whistle, or sing loudly.
12. Defacing or damaging the bus will result in disciplinary action by the school and repair bill from the bus service to you, the parent.
13. No passenger will be let off or on the bus at a place other than route stop designated by the head of school. (California State Law)